NYSCVOA Rules Interpretation 2020-2021 (make sure you are logged into state website under your own login)
2020-2021 Boys Two Libero System (Click here)
2 Liberos System:
- If a team is to use 2 liberos during a match, the 2 liberos would have to be noted on the lineup sheet in the 1st set.
- The liberos are for the entire match
- Only 1 of the liberos is allowed to serve in a set
- If 1 of the liberos is injured, the team plays only with the non-injured libero. No redesignation of another libero is allowed.
- If both liberos get injured, then the coach can decide to redesignate 1 libero for the remaining of the match
- Either libero can replace any player in the back row.
- A libero can replace another libero in the back row.
- Only 1 libero is allowed on the court at a time.
- The libero can be captain
- If 1 libero is disqualified due to unsportsmanlike conduct the team will play without a libero for the remainder of the set.
- The second libero can play in any subsequent set.
- If a coach list 1 libero on the lineup sheet for the first set
- Only 1 libero is allowed for the match
- The same libero can play as the libero for all the sets
- The coach can designate 1 different libero for each set.
- It is legal for a player to use the same jersey number both as a libero and as a regular player.
- In the procedure manual from the state, Rule 7, a player may also have a different number when changing from a regular team uniform jersey to a libero jersey.