PLAYOFF PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL
2023-2024 Nassau County Playoff Procedures
OPENING ROUND MATCHES THROUGH CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES
- HIGHER SEED is the HOME on the scoreboard
- VISITING TEAM calls the coin toss for the first set
- DECIDING SET Home Team calls the toss
- Home team must bring an official Scorer and Libero tracker
- Semi-finals and beyond a neutral scorer and libero tracker will be used
- Each team must provide ample supervision for ample supervision for anticipated crowd control
- All score sheets kept by the official scorer must remain in the hands of the site director (home varsity coach). All score sheets must be given to Brett Kornblum to be kept in the Section 8 records.
- All sites must have a scoreboard, public address system, radio, warm-up area and spectator space
VOLLEYBALL OFFICIALS PLAYOFF PROCEDURES:
- Officials bring all their officiating equipment to include flags, jacket and sweater (Self Explanatory)
- NO Shorts
- Officials MUST be at court side 30 minutes prior to match time (SUGGEST to ARRIVE at least 45 minute)
- R1 / R2 must wear same uniform during match; R1 dictates uniform attire
- Line judges may wear different uniform, but must be alike
- GIRLS ONLY: Walk in procession (FINALS ONLY) R1, R2 followed by Linepersons and the teams
- National Anthem: R1 / LJ1 stand on the right side of the net and R2/LJ2 on the left side of the facing the score table
- If team is detained they must be ready to play within 30 minute of their arrival
- NO LATE FEE
- WARM UP PROTOCOL (10 minute shared warm up during playoffs)
|30 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK-CALL REPs
30 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK - CALL REPS
|30-20: 10 minutes shared time (whistle at 20:15 and horn at 20:00
30-19: 11 minutes shared time (whistle at 19:15 and horn at 19:00
|20-15: Visiting Team exclusive court use (whistle at 15:15 and horn at 15:00)
19-15: Visiting Team exclusive court use (whistle at 15:15 and horn at 15:00)
|15-10: Home Team exclusive court use (whistle at 10:15 and horn
15-11: Home Team exclusive court use (whistle at 11:15 and horn at 11:00)
|10-5: Visiting Team exclusive court use (whistle at 5:15 and horn at 5:00)
11-6: Visiting Team exclusive court use (whistle at 6:15 and horn at 6:00)
|5-0: Home Team exclusive court use (whistle at 0:15 and horn at 0:00
6-1: Home Team exclusive court use (whistle at 1:15 and horn at 1:00)
|National Anthem / Startng Line Ups
1-0: Let clock run down-Pick up volleyballs and team huddle
National Anthem / Starting Line Ups
Match Begins after National Anthem and Team Introductions
The official post-match “Awards Ceremony” should consist of: Team members line up on 10’ line.
Award and announce the Runner up team and present certificates and trophy (if one is to be given) and then award and announce the Championship team and present certificates and trophy.
LINE JUDGE PROTOCOL:
- Warm up EYES between 11 – 2 minutes (GIRLS), between 10 – 5 minutes (BOYS) at base position
- Return to score table (behind) after eye warm up
- Prior to start of 1st Set, at 45 seconds , LJs go 10 feet behind the extended sideline from base position; then to base position after R2 checks line up and hand out game ball to server at start of set(s)
- Always come to the court together and leave together
DURING TIME OUTs (ball is left in the center of the end line of the serving team):
- LJ2 move along end line and then sideline, and moves to the attack line and stands @ 2nd hash mark from sideline.
- LJ1 moves from base position towards the attack line and sideline near the R1
- LJ1, wait until you see LJ2 turn the corner of the end line and sideline and proceed to the intersection of the attack line and sideline
- TO position is intersection of attack line and sideline near R1
- Flags are rolled up and placed either in front or behind back during TO or long term
- TO is complete: At 15 seconds (or double tweet of R2) or when both teams return to the court, both LJs move back to their base position
- LJ1 and LJ2; NEVER enter the court at any segment of the match ( i.e. TOs, start or end of a set, etc.)
END OF SET / DECIDING SET
- Follow same procedures as position during TO
- Collect all balls if shaggers are being used
- If there’s no shaggers collect the single ball
- Wait until substitution zone is clear of players, staff and coaches, before you proceed to the score table
- At 45 seconds or when both teams enter the court move towards base position, with second and third balls or no balls if no shaggers are used
- After match point tout and scoot. Officiating crew leaves together
DO NOT SIT IN UNIFORM IN THE STANDS
REFRAIN FROM COMMENTS ON THE MATCH
NO SOCILALIZING WITH PLAYERS, STAFF, COACHES
POSITION DURING INJURY
If there's a prolong injury on the court, LJs move to the TO position until the set is ready to commence.
END OF MATCH PROTOCOL
R1 gets down from the ladder, walks along the side line and picks up the LJ1. Walk along the end line then proceed behind the score table to pick up belongings.
R2 walks along side line and picks up the LJ2, proceed behind score table to pick up belongings.
All officials leave together.
Good afternoon and welcome to _________________________for today’s Nassau County Class ? Semi-Final match between
The Visiting Team Name and Mascot
The Home Team Name and Mascot
This tournament championship is sponsored by the Nassau County Athletic Association and the New York State Public High School Athletic Association.
The Nassau County Athletic Association recommends that the following regulations be observed:
- The use of noisemakers, musical instruments, radios, and the throwing of any objects will not be permitted.
- No booing or unsportsmanlike conduct at any time.
- No flash photography is permitted during game play.
And now we would like to welcome
The Visiting Team who will be the visitors on the scoreboard
(Announce visiting team players and coaching staff)
And the home team on the scoreboard will be The Home Team.
Today’s officials will be:
________________________as the up official
________________________as the down official
________________________ as the Line Judge
________________________ as the Line Judge
Please stand as we honor our country with the National Anthem